Mitchell O. Hefter
Mitchell O. Hefter is an associate with Kantor & Kantor who has been employed with the firm in one capacity or another since its founding in 2004. Before attending law school, he worked for several years as the Client Relations Director at Kantor & Kantor, screening potential new clients for the law firm. He was also heavily involved in the firm’s marketing efforts, educating disability support groups and community organizations about the hidden risks of dealing with certain insurance companies.
Building on his passion for helping wrongfully denied insureds, Mitchell pursued his law degree and returned to Kantor & Kantor as an attorney in 2013. His practice is focused primarily on helping individuals obtain wrongfully denied disability and life insurance benefits in both ERISA and non-ERISA matters.
Mitchell was raised in Los Angeles, and currently lives in Woodland Hills with his wife and two sons. He was a five time L.A. City Champion swimmer in high school and a member of the UC-Berkeley Men’s Swimming Team. He enjoys swimming and playing soccer with his active sons and playing with his French Bulldog. Additionally, due to his father, holds an irrational love of the University of Illinois men’s basketball team.
- State Bar of California, 2013
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 2012
- B.A., Mass Communications, University of California, Berkeley 2001
- Roberts v. Anthem Life Ins. Co., 2017 WL 2469354 (C.D. Cal. June 7, 2017)